Wednesday, October 7, 2009

MKMW October -- Germany


MKMW has been pretty quiet the past few months, but earlier this week Joanna commented that she still wanted to participate with MKMW and suggested we do Germany for October like we did last year to celebrate Octoberfest! I think a lot of us still want to have fun with MKMW and this was such a great idea to get everyone cooking again, thanks Joanna.

The official Oktoberfest ended on October 4th but I know there are still lots of parties going all throughout the month featuring delicious German dishes and drinks. If you would like to participate, please post a German dish or meal for MKMW and leave a comment here with a link to your post.

I'm planning a MKMW Germany round-up on Nov. 1st (if we get some participation :) ) and maybe we could do one country a month to make My Kitchen My World easier to remember. I hope to see some old MKMW friends participating and want to welcome anyone else who would like to cook and 'travel' along with us! If you have any country suggestions, please let me know.

Take care,
Andrea

Please comment here with a link to your MKMW Germany post by October 31st, thanks!

7 comments:

rosasdolcevita said...

Hi Andrea,
I'm looking forward to participating this month and I know just the thing for Octoberfest.

Once a month sounds good. Looking forward to seeing what others will prepare!

joannabug said...

I wonder if we're reducing it to once a month, if we could do something like a post for links to recipes from a particular country. I think it might encourage more people to participate (and occasionally, I've been a little stumped on what to make with some of the lesser-known countries). Maybe something like a post early in the month where people can add links for recipes from x country as we brainstorm, and a post later on what people actually made.

Just an idea! I'm glad this is continuing, it's such a fun challenge!

rosasdolcevita said...

Hello, here is my post for Germany:

http://cookingwithrosie.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-kitchen-my-world-germany.html

joannabug said...

Here's mine!

Choucroute garni

TeaLady said...

I knew I should have checked earlier. This would have been perfect. Maybe November.

Unknown said...

This Nov must be fantastic,

Kitchen Hood Cleaning

ana-maria said...

Romania has some awesome dishes.Especially for Christmas...