Sunday, January 18, 2009

Week 28 . . . Azerbaijan!

Hello travelers!

A while back, Elra gave me a list of places she'd like us to travel, and Azerbaijan is (I think) the last and most interesting one.  Here is what she has to say about it:  "Azery's cooking is very unique. It is influencde by Iranian cooking with its own uniqueness. Have you heard Rose Petal Jam? Yes, Azery people love jams, they even serve jams with tea (instead of sugar cubes)."


I know very little about this country and am looking forward to learning more about it as I learn about its food.

I am about to make myself some tea now, and ponder next weeks menu.  Now will I add sugar, lemon, or jam?

Happy Travels!

Lauren

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so excited! At first I was a bit taken back, but then I found a site that features Azeri recipes (Farida's Azerbaijani Cookbook)and I am so excited about the ones I chose to make. I can't wait for Saturday!!

Michelle Dargen said...

Holy cow!! I can't wait to find recipes!!

Linda said...

I just found your blog through The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch. What caught my eye was the mention of Azerbaijan.
This past summer I was visiting Niagra-on-the-Lake in Ontario, Canada. My girlfriend and I were there for 3 days to attend 3 plays during the Shaw Festival. While there we attended a concert by some Azerbaijani musicians and the NOTL symphony. What a treat! The charges d'affaires for Azerbaijan was in attendance. The music was so wonderful. The skills of the musicians and the sounds of their different instruments were breathtaking. I can't wait to read more in your blog.

Jess said...

EEK! Let me find a map before I go searching for recipes...but I must admit, jam in tea sounds tasty!!

Dewi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dewi said...

Hello Everyone,
I am going to take a break from traveling the world with all of you. So, Azerbaijan is going to be my last stop.
Anyway, It was such a pleasure to travel with this group. You guys are awesome.
Thanks to Lauren for keeping this site interesting. Hope the group is growing larger.
Cheers,
Elra

bathmate said...

That’s looks so nice your posting.
Everything looks good in your posting.
That will be necessary for all. Thanks for your posting.
Bathmate