Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Denmark Round-up / February Destination -- Italy

Time for our Denmark Round-up, not too many travelers this month, but a very nice selection of traditional Danish dishes...

First up we have CJW at Unchained Kitchen with two Smorrebrod, aka Danish open-faced sandwiches, one with Beef and Watercress and also a Roasted Vegetable version, will have to try the later sandwich soon, sounds delicious!

~~~

Next up is Janet at the taste space with a traditional breakfast treat -- Danish Blueberry-Filled Pancakes (Ebelskivers), they look just perfect dusted with powdered sugar, yum!

~~~

Our third traveler this month is Kayte at Grandma's Kitchen Table who somehow managed three delicious Danish dishes -- Danish Blue Cheese Salad , Sweet-Sour Cucumber Salad, and Rodgrad med Flode (Red Fruit Pudding with Cream) for dessert, everything looks so pretty and tasty, way to hustle, Kayte :)


~~~

Over at Nummy Kitchen I also tried my hand at a few different Danish recipes -- Danish Dumplings, Christmas Red Cabbage, Glazed Mushrooms, and Caramelized Carrots and was very pleased with the resulting dinner that my whole family enjoyed.

~~~

Thank you to everyone who cooked along this month! For February, Janet at the taste space has suggested Italy as our destination, what a perfect pick for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner or just a nudge to try that finicky Italian recipe you've had book-marked forever. Please post your Italian recipe on your blog with a link back to My Kitchen My World, and leave a comment here on this post by February 28th with a link to your recipe so I can include it in the round-up.

If anyone has a country suggestion for March, please let me know via comment or e-mail.

Can't wait to see what Italian dishes everyone comes up with! If you are new here and would like to cook along just jump right in with Italy and leave a comment after you post.

Take care,

Andrea

nummykitchen.blogspot.com

12 comments:

janet @ the taste space said...

Wonderful round-up, Andrea! Yay for Eataly! I mean, Italy. :)

Kayte said...

Great round-up and very fun to see what everyone else made. I would like to suggest another Scandinavian country so that we can explore the differences between them maybe if everyone else is in agreement (maybe this is not popular tho as not as many participants, or maybe just time of year to have low participation, etc.). So, maybe Norway or Sweden or Finland? Tracey at Tracey's Culinary Adventures asked if we were ever going to do Norway, maybe we can entice her with a dish or two since her husband is Norwegian descent! All that said, I will be happy with anywhere you want to go.

janet @ the taste space said...

Norway sounds like an interesting place to sample from. It would be a new place for me.

I have actually been thinking a lot about Egyptian food lately. I don't think MKMW has been there, either.

Anonymous said...

Italy, what a wonderful choice! Here's my post: http://unchainedkitchen.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/greens-cannellini-stew/

Family Gone Global said...

What a fun blog :-) A few months ago my family started trying to learn about new cultures by choosing a country to focus on every few weeks. One of the things that we do is try out new recipes. We'll be using your blog for ideas and inspirations now :-) http://familygoneglobal.blogspot.com/

janet @ the taste space said...

Here is my Italy post: http://tastespace.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/italian-stew-with-winter-squash-and-chickpeas/

janet @ the taste space said...

Here is another entry for Italy. :)

http://tastespace.wordpress.com/2011/02/25/how-not-to-eat-out-in-new-york-city-an-eatalian-meal/

Anonymous said...

I don't care where you go...I'm just going to try to get there with you! Hi, I'm Glennis from Can't Believe We Ate, and I'd like to join in! Here's my Destination: Italy post...
http://cantbelieveweate.wordpress.com/2011/02/26/destination-italy/

Peggy said...

here is my Italian post:
http://pantryrevisited.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-kitchen-my-world-going-to-italy-this.html

joannabug said...

Here's mine, Italian wedding soup (and various other goodies we had over the month). I can't wait to read everyone else's entries.

Unknown said...

The food in those photos looks amazing, I am literally getting hungry right now.

catering in manila

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I' m Alberto from Italy.

You Have a Best website.

You have many delicious recipes.

I have a blog www.realitaliandish.wordpress.com is a blog of real italian recipesof my family, if you wont take some recipes you can take is a honor for me.

Bye from Italy CIAO.



Sorry for my english.