Monday, March 9, 2009

MKMW Spain Round-up

Time for our round-up! Here we go...


Lauren at I'll Eat You made two tapas that she had on her recent trip to Spain, Huevos Estrellados -- crispy paprika potatoes topped with a fried egg; and a classic tapas dish of Garlic Shrimp.



Olga at Olga's Recipes treated us to two dishes as well, an egg and potato Spanish Omelette, and Crema Catalana, which is a custard similar to Creme Brulee but from the Catalonia region of Spain.



Judy at Judy's Gross Eats made a contemporary lentil salad from her new Spanish cookbook, she modified it a little and shared her version of this make again recipe.


Joanna at In Search of Lost Time made a tapas feast, complete with olives, bits of two cheeses, a spicy aioli-ish sauce to match what she had at the tapas bar, Gambas al Ajillo (shrimp in garlic sauce), potatoes with chorizo sausage, and a small loaf of bread.


Christine at Kits Chow made Pollo en pepitoria - chicken in egg, almond and sherry sauce, and has some beautiful photos of Spain on her post.


Natashya at Living in the Kitchen with Puppies made a Spanish Rice Pudding with Almonds from Gourmet Magazine that looks extra creamy and could also double as breakfast, yum!


Andrea at Nummy Kitchen (that's me :) ) made Cashew Nut Paella, a vegetarian version with yummy cashew nuts and lots of peppers, which was delicious. I also made some Spanish breakfast rolls that were wonderful but I haven't had a chance to post yet.

~~~~~~~~
Thank you all so much for participating with My Kitchen My World Spain! Go check out all of those amazing Spanish dishes and maybe you will find a new dish that you just have to try!

Remember that our next country for My Kitche My World is Ireland to keep everyone in the Irish mood set by St. Patrick's Day. Posting day for MKMW Ireland is March 21st.

Thanks for visiting,
Andrea

6 comments:

joannabug said...

I love seeing what everyone made--thanks for putting the pictures together, Andrea. So fun!

NKP said...

Great variety of dishes! Very inspiring.
Thanks for all your hard work in the round-up Andrea, I know it is harder than it looks!

Lauren said...

Andrea, the round up looks great! Thanks!

Lauren

KC said...

What a great trip to Spain, such a lovely variety of dishes. Thanks for hosting, Andrea.

rosasdolcevita said...

Hi Andrea,
I just posted my entry today. Sorry for the delay - yesterday was a really busy day for me.

I love the idea of the round up! It's great to see what everyone else has made. I also liked the idea of a "reminder" post to let us know when things are due.

Keep up the good work, ladies!

rosa

Stephanie said...

Oh man, I forgot about Spain. Well, I'll try to remember the Ireland trip. Mental note...